Advanced Casing Design Course
This Advanced Casing Design course is one our most popular drilling course. It provides explanations and examples of all the aspects of oilfield tubular design. Both uniform and non-uniform loading is covered. Combination loading considerations are envisioned and design procedures are outline and practiced.
What You Will Learn
- The basis for the published API tubular strengths.
- How to design drive pipe to sustain a compressive load.
- How to design conductor, intermediate, drilling liners, and production casing strings for burst, collapse and tension.
- How to select couplings.
- How to take biaxial and triaxial loading into account.
- How to design for bending, point loading, ballooning, and buckling.
- How to take wear into consideration.
- How temperature reduces yields strength.
- Recommended Sequence for Combination Considerations.
- A complete integrated procedure for designing oilfield tubulars.
What You Will Take Away
- Complete knowledge of tubular design.
- Confidence that a casing string you design will stand up to practical applications.
- Both a manual with notes and briefcase size casing operations book for reference.
- Design considerations and applications for H2S, CO2 and High Cl individual and combine corrosion environment.
- Software to make all pertinent Tubular related calculations and to aid total design.
Who Should Attend
Engineers and engineering aids involved in tubular design, as well as practical supervisors who want to understand the basis for the design of the tubulars being run in their wells.
Date: In-House Only