Stuck Pipe Prevention
The single most frequent and expensive unscheduled event while drilling is stuck pipe. If you attend this two (2) day drilling course, you will learn all of the twenty-seven (27) causes of stuck pipe, what causes each, how to identify them, what immediate action can be taken, what to do for most efficient recovery, and most importantly how to prevent the sticking in the first place.
The course is presented in the Socratic method with class discussion and participation required. Case histories provide practical examples of the problems, recovery methods, and preventive means being discussed. The building of a team concept with maximum coordination and communication capabilities is stressed.
What You Will Learn
- A working knowledge of all the mechanisms which result in pipe becoming stuck.
- Complete diagnostic methods for identifying a specific mechanism.
- The methods and procedures available to minimize or eliminate a potential sticking problem when it is encountered.
- The knowledge to plan the most effective and least expensive procedure to recover from sticking that does occur.
- How to plan a well and then implement that plan to prevent pipe sticking.
What You Will Take Away
- Complete knowledge of the phenomena of pipe sticking.
- Confidence that you will recognize virtually all pipe sticking warning signs.
- A working knowledge of how to preplan and implement the drilling of a well to prevent the vast majority of pipe sticking problems
- A team concept for well drilling operations.
Who Should Attend
Derrickmen, Shaker Attendants, Mud Personnel, Assistant Drillers, Drillers, Tourpushers, Toolpushers, Drilling Foremen, Drilling Superintendents, Drilling Technicians, Drilling Engineers, Wellsite Geologists, Mud Loggers, Directional Drillers, MWD & LWD Personnel, and any other service personnel who are included in a drilling operation.
Date: In-House Only